how to: soft waves
The perfect soft wave is quick, easy, and always in style.
Begin by prepping the hair
- When your hair is damp apply a texturizer with hold through the ends and at your roots for light volume
- b Artistic Creative Foam from root to ends
- b Bold Texturing Spray at the root for maximum lift or b More Building Spray for a light lift
- Blow-dry the hair to create volume by alternating the hair from side to side
- Round brush the top section to create desired volume
- Use the round brush to smooth the ends if needs
- Using clips, section the hair into 3 horseshoe sections
- Part from the middle of the ears down- Section 1
- Mid section beginning at temples and down- Section 2
- The remaining amount at the top- Section 3
- To create an even softer curl, turn the heat on your iron down. You can easily achieve different curl sizes with one iron.
- If your length is short to medium, put a drastic bend under with the flat iron to avoid flips (pic 4). If your length is longer, curl through as you will in section 2 & 3
- Using a medium iron (1 ¾ or 1 ¼) start in the front and grab sections no wider that your barrel (pic 5).
- Beginning at your face, go in with your curling iron diagonally and curl away from the face (pic 6).
- Work iron through starting at the root and slowly moving down the strand. The ends should only be in for a few seconds.
- As soon as you drop the curl from the iron, lightly run your fingers through the hair.
- Continue the same as section 2, beginning by your face, working around the head (pic 7 & 8).
- Working through the hair helps to bring the curls together and give the style shape. Work through with your hands and a teasing brush as needed (pic 9).
- b More Building Powder- use this product by tapping it into the root area or by squeezing the bottle and puffing it throughout.
- Finish the look with b Confident hair spray to lock in the shape (pic 1).
Liz will present this how to during a live demonstration at our Style Event on March 7, 2014 from 6:30 to 9:00pm. Liz's soft wave presentation will take place at 8:15pm that evening. The Style Event will feature two additional live demonstrations as well as botox and filler beauty treatments that can be scheduled by contacting Geneva Hair Studio with your RSVP.
To learn more about this event and future events visit our homepage and join our mailing list or like us on Facebook.